And the winner is…Me!
Yes, I know. It may not be subtle or modest, but I just have to shout it out that someone awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award a few days ago and I couldn’t be happier! Who is this award bearer, you ask? Well, her name is Lian and you can find her at her rather cheery site liannouwen Thanks, Lian! Love your site, too!
Here are the responsibilities I must now carry forward as new recipient of this award:
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new-found bloggers.
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it … or not.
You may follow of modify the rules.
So, here is my response to #2:
1. I love anything that has to do with lemons. I can’t get enough of that tangy, citrusy flavor in cookies, frosting, cake, pies, on vegetables, in soups, on chicken (baked or grilled), etc. The smell is great and makes me feel invigorated. I use to have a lemon body spray when I was 14 that I wore every chance I got, I loved it that much. My mom would make lemon meringue pie because she knew I loved lemons so much. Homemade lemonade is the best! Lemon in iced tea … I could go on and on and …
2. I have this thing where even though I am dead-dog tired, I will stay up late at night anyway, till I can barely stand it before I will finally go to sleep. I think it started when I was in the middle of young motherhood and I just wanted some time to myself where no one was asking me for “this” or “that” or to “come to bed, honey” or did I pick up toothpaste at the store or did I remember to fill out the permission slips for the kid’s field trips or could I, please, drive on the field trip or what’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?!
Now, I just like to listen to the hum of my sewing machine in the late night/early morning hours when no one else is awake. Or watch old reruns of ER because I never got to see it when it originally came on because I was too busy doing the mom/wife thing. Or play mahjong or solitaire on my PC. Or find an old movie to watch while snuggling in my blankets with only the glow from my monitor shining in my bedroom. Who says being single is lonely? It’s a relief, is what it is!
3. I could write forever. Once I get going, I just let it all out. I constantly have to reduce, reduce, reduce because writing is so therapeutic for me. It provides me with a way to purge everything in my head to a place that may or may not make sense to anyone else. I mostly keep it personal, so I have to edit what I write on my blog A WHOLE LOT! Otherwise, everyone would know every little part of my soul and I would no longer be “mysterious” to any man or creature.
4. I daydream about winning the lottery and talking all my women friends on a vacation to a tropical island where we could laugh, talk, party, hangout, be ourselves, not wear make-up, not worry about weight and what men think of us, eat whatever and whenever we wanted, buy any kind of shoes we wanted –whether we need them or not– and have handsome, well-built men wait on us hand and foot!
5. I daydream about winning the lottery (yes, I have this daydream A LOT) and taking my two wonderful (I think they’re wonderful, anyway–this week, but ask me again in a couple of days) teenagers on a vacation to some place where we could have the best fun and family time with just the three of us. Everyone would have a good time. We would all do whatever we wanted and there would be something for all of us to enjoy. We would come home feeling refreshed and relaxed!
6. I love to laugh. And I think any man who can make me laugh is sexy. To me, when a man can make you so comfortable with laughing (with him, at him, either way) that you do it freely in front of him (you know, the whole “mouth wide-open” kind of laugh), then you know he will accept you just as you are. And, that’s sexy.
7. I’m still scared of the dark.
Now for #3:
Once again, I’d like to say thank you to Lian at liannouwen for awarding me. Please, visit her site as well as the others on my list and see why they are so deserving of this award. I think this is a great idea and a good way to find out about other blogs, make new friends, and help each other become known!